Multi-tasking- training, toning and tanning...

Friday, July 28, 2006

OOooh dear serious lack of commitment to the blog! woopsie! Well when i wrote that last blog (yes, all those thousands of years ago) i had just started on my training for the hydro active womens challenge (HAWC) in Septmber. Well to begin with, this was the first time i had done any exercise for months, due to GCSEs and plain laziness, so it came as quite a shock to me quite how unfit i was! I tried to go running every morning and after about two days i decided i really didn't wnat to do any training at all, i was burning and not tanning and deffinitely not toning. So that was it.

I then departed for a fantastic two week holiday in Cyprus, during which i ate a ludicrous amount of food; but did regret having given up so easily... I also did quite a bit of swimming, and really enjoyed not only the exercise but the proud feeling afterwards. I also began to notice a slight change in my legs and they began to feel like they actually contained some muscle.

I am now back in good old England and training has resumed! I have been going for a run every other morning and i am feeling so proud of myself for keeping it up (okay its only been a week so far but heyho)! I'm still not fit in any sense of the word, but this morning i managed to run a little bit further without having to walk for a while. I jog around this field near my house and normally i run the long sides then walk the short sides, but today i managed to run two long sides and one short side before i needed to walk for a while! yay! I also sprinted a bit at the end, which was really good as it left me on a high (its a natural hiiiiiiiiiigh...).

I am going away again next week up to my family just north of Yorkshire, where i usually become a couch potato and sit around eating and watching daytime TV, but hopefully i will be able to keep up with the running... as its only a month till the HAWC... aaaaaaaaah! Wish me luck, or even better sponser me at www.justgiving.com/emilysangels

Anyway i will be off now, as its eviction night on BB, but i promise to post again soon... And i shall tell you a little bit more what has really inspired me to start training again (i mean apart from all the donoughts consumed in Cyprus).

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home